What is personal information?
“Personal information” means information or an opinion that is capable of reasonably identifying an individual, whether that information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect from you includes (but is not limited to): name, postal address, email addresses, telephone or mobile phone numbers, financial information such as bank account information, credit or debit card information and information about your social media profiles.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you:
· place orders for or purchase goods and services;
· visit our website, Facebook page and other webpages that we own and manage;
· contact us by phone, email, post or on our website enquiry forms;
· subscribe to receive our newsletters, mailing list or other promotional materials;
· sign-up to participate in surveys, competitions or other promotional activities; and
· attend events which we organise or are otherwise involved with.
Collection of non-personal information
We may also collect certain non-personal information when you visit or use our website and services, for example information about your IP address, your operating system, internet browser, etc.
Why do we collect your personal information and how do we use it?
We may collect and use your personal information for the purposes of providing you with our services and for our internal business purposes. These purposes include (but are not limited to):
· processing transactions and fulfilling orders for products or services;
· registering, setting up and managing user/member accounts;
· responding to your submissions, questions, comments, requests and complaints and to otherwise provide customer services;
· marketing our products and services and providing you with company information and updates such as newsletters or offers of promotional events or opportunities (such as competitions or surveys) that you may be interested in;
· the prevention of fraud and/or identifying and investigating any suspicious use of our website, products or services;
· for our internal business and management processes, for example accounting, auditing or analytics purposes;
· for any other purpose to allow us to comply with our obligations under law; and
· for any other purposes that would reasonably be expected by you.
If we use your personal information for any other purpose, we will endeavour to obtain your consent to use that personal information, if and when required.
Marketing and Promotional Materials
We may use your personal information for the purposes of marketing our services or products or to inform you of new products, promotions or events that we believe you may be interested in. If you would like to stop receiving any of these marketing communications, you can opt out by writing to us at the contact details listed below and informing us that you no longer wish to receive these materials. If at any time you would like to stop receiving future emails, you can click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of each direct marketing email we send.
Disclosure of your information
From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to third parties, both within and outside Australia, for the purposes of conducting our business. These third parties may include (but are not limited to):
· our associated companies or company group members;
· employees, third party service and content providers, dealers and agents, contractors and advisors and suppliers who assist us in managing our business or operating our website, for example, business support services, payment processors, webhosting service providers, cloud storage providers, mailing houses etc;
· our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
· law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
· regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving customer complaints or investigations; and
· third parties interested in marketing to you (only where you have provided your consent).
Occasionally, we may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, for example:
· personal information may be accessed by or disclosed to employees overseas;
· when we store, process or back-up your personal information on servers that are located overseas (for example, cloud service providers).
By providing us with your personal information or otherwise using our Website or products/services, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to these overseas recipients. By consenting to this overseas disclosure, you acknowledge and accept that:
· we will not accountable under the Privacy Act 1988 for any breach of your privacy by an overseas recipient; and
· you will not be able to seek redress from us under the Privacy Act for any breach of your privacy by an overseas recipient.
How do we secure and protect your personal information?
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to maintain the integrity and store securely your personal information to protect it from interference, misuse and loss and from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure.
Third Party Links
How do we maintain the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you?
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect is up-to-date and complete.
However, in order to maintain the accuracy of your personal information, we rely on the quality of the personal information that you provide to us. To ensure that we always have your most up-to-date personal information, please contact us as soon as possible when your details change. This might include when you change your name, mailing address or use a new email address.
Accuracy and requests for access and correction of personal information
You are entitled to access and correct the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in the information corrected. However, in order to maintain the accuracy of your personal information, we rely on the quality of the personal information you provide to us.
If you would like to access, update or correct any of the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and informing us that you wish to access or correct your personal information.
There are some circumstances specified by law where we may refuse your request for access to or the correction of your personal information. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to provide that notice.
Once we receive your request for access or correction, we will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made. We may also charge reasonable costs for responding to your request.
If you have any concerns or a complaint about a breach of your privacy or the way we have handled your personal information, please email email@example.com and inform us of the nature of your complaint.
We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time. If, after receiving our response you still consider that your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you have the option of referring your concern to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Last Updated: 1 November 2016